Tuesday, May 16, 2017

What Testing! What Birthday!


rough brawl flow test render update progress

CEREBUS NEWS

Happy Birthday, Dave Sim!! (May 17th so depending on your timezone:))
(speaking of time zones in Norway it's now May 17th and Norwegian Independence Day!!:))
I've sent a selfmade card and hopefully he'll get it in time

Al Nickerson shares his very recent Dave Sim correspondence: about, among other things, the Cerebus movie, Eisner buying him a congratulatory dinner upon finishing his magnum opus Cerebus - and so much more.
Here's some of the relevant Cerebus movie portion:

"Never having had the intention of signing off on a Giant Cerebus movie, I could afford to be more philosophical about Creator Rights. You want to do a CEREBUS something? You would be a better judge of that than I would. I can't see how I lost/would lose anything from someone else doing CEREBUS. Here's my 6000-page graphic novel. Here's what you did. If you can compete with what I did and improve on it, hey, good for you. If you fall on your face, it's your face that you fall on."

Read the full letter here
http://albert.nickerson.tripod.com/creatorsbillofrightssim26.html
or see below


Just saw Hulu's Creator Rights movie "Batman and Bill" which follows Marc T. Nobleman's heroic journey to get Bill Finger creator credit. Highly recommended.